Saturday, September 30, 2006

What's in a name?

So -- first thing's first -- why the title? Too Much Imagination?

Well, I like it for two reasons. First and foremost it is free publicity for my company, Ubisoft Montreal where I currently work as a Game Producer. Check out www.toomuchimagination.ca for more information on our current nation-wide game design challenge.

For obvious reasons I won't be talking too much here about my work, for fear the communications department will close me down, but I might touch upon it from time to time if I feel I can do so in a way that doesn't disclose anything I'm not supposed to be talking about.

The second reason I like the title is because I feel it applies well to my current entrepreneurial spirit. Most of my friends now just roll their eyes when I tell them of my latest million-dollar-idea.

So, if I am doomed to think too big, or dream of ideas that I won't follow through on, I figure I can at least blog about them. Worst case scenario, I archive them for prosperity, so one day I can look back at this and have a laugh at the dreamer I was. Best case, though, I toss enough ideas out there, someone reads it, has the moxy to do something with it, and makes it stick. At least I get the satisfaction of knowing I helped start something.

Before I start, a disclaimer: not all the ideas, obviously, are good. Many have no easy business model behind them (that I can see) and almmany of them revolve, in one way or another, around the idea of participatory culture and user generated content -- a passion of mine since long before it became a buzz-word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home