Thursday, July 26, 2007

Resident Evil 5

Just watch.

This is game trailer magic. An evolution in use of the trailer as a communication and promotional tool. It starts out very cinematic, setting the stage, focusing on drama and tension more then actual gameplay, but then seemlessly blends into footage that anyone who played RE4 will immediatly recognize.

The action-shot 2:23 seconds in looks straight out of hollywood and yet is that much more powerful because I know I'll be able to play that experience.

I could have done without the cheesy dialogue ("I have a job to do" -- *gag*) but other then that this is easily one of my favorite game trailers. Resident Evil 5 has just jumped right back onto the top of my most-anticipated list.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

A stunning trailer that's for sure, let's hope the game brings something fresh and new to the table and not just super pretty graphics.
From the trailer, it looks as if the game plays EXACTLY like Resident Evil 4 but things should evolve. RE4 broke the sequel jinx and RE5 should do no less. Capcom has raised the bar and I expect them to deliver now.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I prefer the MGS4 trailer's equivilant of that dialogue: "I'm no here, never was... I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work." I mean, Hayter is pretty hammed out as a voice actor, but somehow it works.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home