Monday, June 18, 2007

Was it something I said?


For a few weeks now I've been hovering comfortably around the '28' mark in terms of Feedburner subscribers -- people who subscribe to have this blog pushed to them via an RSS reader. 28 isn't a huge number but considering the relatively niche subject matter of the blog and the fact that I don't promote it at all, I was pretty happy with it.

Today, unexpectedly I dropped by 50% -- to 14. I had thought I had almost that many people subscribed at Ubisoft alone.

So either there is a problem with Feedburner or I've really lost people's interest and need to make some radical changes around here to keep reader's attention.

Have I jumped the shark?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Darius Kazemi said...

I still read :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Joe Ludwig said...

Me too, but I read through google reader, which probably shows up as one subscriber no matter how many people it really is.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I'm also on Google Reader.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: googlereader = one person... not so.

Actually, the Google/Feedburner merge made people's stats spike up, then settle down a bit.

Matt, I suggest more secretz ;)
Stir up the fanboy blogs, and you'll bring subscriptions in drovz.

Or, if not secretz, how about liez? Whatever you decide on, slap a "z" on the endz.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

How about you tell us what project you're working on and you'll see the number spike up LOL ;)
No seriooulsy thought I have to check your blog at least once a day!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone had a dip in their stats a few days ago because of the way Google Readers were counted. (The number of subscribers was halved for me.)

-alexjc

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ben Mattes said...

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I checked today and the numbers are back up to 25. Google, it seems, is indeed doing some tweaking.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home