Tuesday, January 15, 2008

XO Laptop

I came home today and found my XO laptop waiting for me on my front doorstep. Very exciting. I'm writing this blog post from my XO right now. I plan to post more about this amazing initiative once I've poked around with it a little more, but for now I recommend anyone who isn't already familiar to climb out from under your rock and read up on it! Negroponte and Co. have created a great piece of technology with a truly noble ambition and, in my humble opinion, they deserve all the recognition and support they can get.

In case anyone out there already has an XO, I came across this interesting blog of someone who is exploring their XO's featured and blogging about it. Pretty decent starting resource.

More soon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I poked around for several minutes and was unsuccessful in figuring out how to actually obtain one of these. What's your secret to success?

9:28 PM  
Blogger Ben Mattes said...

Steve,

I took part in the Buy 1 Get 1 program that ran in November and December of 07. It was a short term initiative that no longer runs, so short of buying an XO on eBay right now, you're out of luck.

That said I've heard several rumors suggest that they plan to re-launch B1G1 in the near future.

Also, on OLPCNews (http://www.olpcnews.com/) I just read a post about people wanting to get rid of their XO (for one reason or another) and how this is an opportunity for those who want to get their hands on one. Find the full article here: http://www.olpcnews.com/sales_talk/g1g1/olpc_shipping_problem_xo_buy.html

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home