Friday, May 02, 2008

Prince Of Persia

So first a huge apology. It has been ages since I have posted anything here. Needless to say, I've been busy.

For a couple of years now I've been coyly alluding to the fact that I'm working on an action adventure game for Ubisoft. Some of you who cared enough to dig might have put two and two together and guessed what title I'm working on. For those who didn't (and yet care) I can now officially announce it.

Coming out this holiday season on 360, PS3 and PC is the next-gen Prince Of Persia. I'm really really proud of how this game is shaping up and am exstatic that the first magazines have finally come out covering it! Now I can finally tell the world. ;)

I won't link to the magazine articles (for obvious reasons) but if you're interested I encourage you to find a copy of Edge magazine for May 2008 (english) or Joypad (french). Both magazines did excellent articles about the game, really helping to validate (for me) all of the hard work myself and the team have invested in this game over the last two and a half years.

I won't be using this blog to talk about any specific POP features or items not already reported elsewhere, but I may on occasion use it to draw attention to articles etc that I find particularily interesting. If you're a fan of the game and want to get an occasional idea of what I think of the press and coverage, hopefully you'll find something interesting here in the coming months.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mr. Mattes. I have been following your blog for a while and kind of figured you were working on this. What I've seen and read/heard about the game (I live in the U.S. so I've only seen what was on the web) sounds really cool. The new artstyle is pretty neat and I can't wait to see it in motion. I love PoP and am excited about the new ideas you and your team are bringing to this entry. Ubidays can't come soon enough. Congratulations on everything so far.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Excellent! Yay!

Again (I ma sure I sadi this alread) but the art direction you guys took is AMAZING and thank go your PR people didnt trash it .... it's so rare these days to see games that adopt this art style amid those ignorant masses who's statisfaction can only be had if Gore and Blood are the highlight of the product!

I have nothing against those games but it seems lately that's all we see.

Anyway, personally I cant wait for the new POP. Best of luck to your team!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Name: Tempest said...

Hey Mr. Mattes,

Just wondering if you attend gaming conventions. I am on a committee for on (at RPI in NY) and we'd love to have a gaming guest of your caliber. Can't wait for the new Prince of Persia!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Steve Chiavelli said...

I just found out you were out here for PAX... next time let me know!

We're all getting really pumped seeing the previews for PoP :)

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Mattes,

I was just wondering where you guys got the name Elika from? I honestly thought I was among the very rare with this name. My dad is outraged because he thinks he was the 'creator' of this name even though he got his inspiration from a beautiful village in the Caspian sea. I'm persian but not many people have this name, it's more Melika than Elika. I would love to hear about the story as I'm extremely curious :)

Elika
bubzy_boo@hotmail.com

8:06 PM  
Blogger Mokuu said...

Hey Ben,

Im counting on you and Michael for an AMAZING kick ass production of prince of persia. Im definitely getting the Collector's edition ((eventhough i want a printed artbook instead of digital)) and i will try to send better fanart for the Pop blog. Hang in there since i know how the pressure is high around crunch time.

-Rom

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home