Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The rise of the game development documentary

I'll keep this short because I'd prefer you to use your time watching the actual documentaries in question rather then read my thoughts about them. I'll simply say this: documentaries about the making of video games are getting really good and, you guessed it, I think this is a great sign for our industry. To wit:

Recently released Halo 3 Multiplayer Gameplay documentary:




God Of War 2's 'Greek Mythology' documentaries. Note that I haven't yet seen the net explode with references to these which perhaps makes sense given that Kotaku just posted them today. I wonder whether or not they wouldn't have been more valuable as a pre-release marketing campaign then a post-release buzz maintainer, but I'll get into that another time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home