Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Focus Groups

So I'm back from Brazil and must apologize for not posting sooner. Things are pretty busy at work right now as we're pushing towards a major project milestone.

Right now I'm sitting behind a 2-way mirror in Cincinnati assisting in a round of focus group testing for our marketing team. I've done this a couple of times before and will never get tired of hearing consumer feedback - a group of six guys walk into the room, sit down and all describe themselves as little more then 'Madden' fans, but within a few minutes of poking and prodding by the moderator they open up and give some really surprising feedback.

I wish I could write more about the types of questions we're asking them but, of course, I can't until the game is announced. I'm sure we'll do at least a few more of these tests post-announcement and I'll write a follow-up then.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we got fantastic and very useful feedback from our focus testing in Cinci... it really helped the game, no doubt.

Unfortunately, my trip to Cincinnati will be forever marred by my nightmarish memories of watching the Edmonton Oilers lose the Stanley Cup in game 7 to some small market US team... I can't even remember who they were... how sad is that. Focus testing for the win and... uh... go Oil...

11:36 PM  
Blogger Ben Mattes said...

Clint,

Next week we have the 'Consumer Experience' test. How was the feedback you gleamed from that?

-Ben

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home