Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bowmaster Prelude

Another excellent and addictive Flash game, this time care of my brother in law. Bowmaster Prelude has a very simple mechanic ('pull back bow', release arrow, hit enemy) and will be instantly familiar to anyone to has played any 'Tanks' or 'Worms' clone.

What makes Prelude special, though, is the RPG element added that gives it an extra level of strategy and a 'level grind' high familiar to anyone who has played a MMOG. After every level, you want to spend your hard earned coin to upgrade your weapons and see how they effect the next round. I lost a whole morning to this game.

The simplicity and addictiveness of this title and Winterbells (see directly below) make me long somewhat for the days I was in the mobile space. Prelude, unfortunatly, wouldn't translate very well into mobile (at least not that I can see) but Winterbells would work perfectly. If someone isn't already trying to contact the developer to seek out mobile licensing rights -- they should be.

Update: I fixed the broken link to the game. Apologies. I hope someone out there took the time to google the game on their own and enjoyed it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I played it and I think it's pretty fantastic!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home