Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Help

My wife says she reads my blog. She lies. I can talk about her Christmas gifts here in complete safety without worrying I'll ruin the surprise, so I'm going to try and solicit a little help in finding a good gift for her.

I'd love to take my wife on a weekend retreat this winter to somewhere romantic around the Montreal area. A small romantic chalet near Tremblant (or really any mountain) would be perfect.

I know that the majority of the people who visit this blog are from the Montreal area (both of you :)) so I'm wondering if anyone has any first-hand recommendations of small, intimate chalets within driving distance of Montreal. Fireplace is a must.

Anyone able to help me make this a special Christmas for my special lady?

Update: Thanks to a recommendation of a friend, I decided to book a weekend at Le Windigo . Looks fantastic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you might check out a place called Far Hills. My lady-friend and I went there X-country skiing (if memory serves, that's the only thing they do) for a weekend a few years ago. The place was lovely. Our room did not itself have a fireplace, but pretty much all the other vertical surfaces in the building did, so I imagine they would have a room with one in it.

Also, good bacon in the breakfast buffet ;)

5:42 PM  
Blogger KimPallister said...

OK, going off decades-old info here.

I'd look into rentals around Chanteclair. That was the only hill (it's actualy 4 hills - at least what passes as hills in Quebec :-) ) that had places with ski-in/ski-out. That's totally killer if you plan on doing any skiing. No carrying-all-your-crap-to-the-car stuff. Just ski to the back door, step inside.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Ben Mattes said...

Thanks to you both for these suggestions. My wife isn't a big downhill skier, Kim, so I'm not sure Chanteclair is the right call. Something with ice-skating, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing would be more her game.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home