Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Movies

First quick point -- the 'FPP' in France last week went very well. For those of you waiting for more news on what I've been working on the fact that we passed this extremely important milestone means I'll probably be able to start talking about the game as early as the winter or early spring. After two years I'm anxious to break the silence. ;)

And now for something completely different...

Early this week my wife and I went to see "Across The Universe" (trailer) and really liked it. It was her choice (they always are -- *sigh*) but, being a huge Beatles fan, I was happy to go. It is a musical, a love story, and hardly anything explodes or catches on fire, but it was the most interesting use of music in a movie I've ever seen. If you've ever listened closely to the lyrics in a song (or a group of songs by a single artist) and tried to create a story in your head of what sort of characters could tie it all together, you'll like what they do in this movie.

Secondly though (and perhaps a little more accessible) is the incredible trailer for 'Jumper'. I'd never heard of the book but from what I can tell its about a guy (or guys) who learn they have Nightcrawler-esque teleportation powers. Obviously the lure of using these powers for selfish gain is hard to ignore. Looks great.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home